Thursday, October 15, 2015

Chapter 10

Differentiated Instruction: This section talked about probability and fun new ways to get students involved while learning the concepts. I really liked the methods of teaching the book used. They used probability of 100 coin tosses and 100 dice rolls. I remember doing this while I was in school and loved finding the different outcomes and how my probability was different from the classes. Another suggestion was to perform a skit based off a daily life experience that deals with probability. I thought this was such a fun idea that would get students involved and up and moving.
Universal Design: This section talked about how to help all students using one design or method of work. They touched on three types of Universal Design: representation, expression, and engagement. I think these are all great ways for students to learn and incorporate into their learning. It can help them get their points across and allow them to engage and work with their peers.

Handheld Calculator: this section just talked about different types of calculators. I have used three of the four calculators they listed and actually owned these three types. Basic calculators were used often in elementary school and however I don’t own one there is one built in my phone so I always have one. Then scientific and graphing calculators were discussed. I still currently own and use these types of calculators. I think they are a great resource for students and come in handy in math class. 

resources: 
Maloy, R. (2011). Transforming learning with new technologies. Boston: Pearson/Allyn and Bacon.


Chapter 10 | FlipQuiz

1 comment:

  1. Good FlipQuiz - it is a fun tool for students to create their own 'quizzes' as flashcard or games, too. There are many UDL concepts (though originally designed for students with specific learning needs) that are beneficial to all students - it is also helpful when so many use as it doesn't call attention to students who might be self conscious about their differences.

    ReplyDelete