Thursday, December 10, 2015

Final -Blog Post

EME2040 was a wonderful class full of technology lessons and learning how to be a good teacher. It educated me more than I thought it would. I learned how to integrate technology into the classroom as well as many other helpful websites to use as a teacher. Not only was this class education but it was also fun. We had more than many opportunities to work in groups which allowed me to befriend and get to know my classmates. We also did activities like geocaching which was a very fun activity to do with my classmates and learn GPS skills as well as communication and technology. Textbook: In EME 2040 we used a textbook for our weekly blog posts. Other than the blog post assignment I didn’t find myself using the book at all. I felt I barely even used the book for the assignment. This doesn’t mean that the book is not up to standards. I just believe that my professor had the knowledge to teach the class materials and assignments without needing that extra assistance from a textbook. In my opinion one of the signs of a good teacher is knowledge on the subject being taught. Discussions: During this semester we did numerous discussion posts regarding different topics from that week’s class and its lesson. One that comes to mind was a discussion post about legal and ethical materials and action in the technology of the classroom such as not giving proper credit to a photographer, author, publisher, or any other person’s activities being used without credit. Not to mention that the study on legality and ethics in this class was one of the classroom objectives. My favorite discussion post was one about accommodating someone with a disability in class. I chose to write about a deaf student. I enjoyed this very much because I know American Sign Language and enjoy speaking in sign as well as the personal relation to someone heard of hearing so I was able to talk about real life examples that my sister went through. Activities and Assignments: One of my favorite assignments in class was making a teachers web page. We got to create a fake personality as if we were teachers and create a web page for our students and their parents to use throughout the year. It brought me back to my childhood when I would play pretend games of school and I would be the teacher. Not only was the assignment fun but it covered many of the learning objectives for the semester such as: “The students will create a portfolio with Samples reflecting ways technology can support classroom management, administration, and teaching in a K-12 classroom.” (syllabus, doc)


Technology in the Classroom: Digital Media Resources: Technology in the Classroom: Digital Media. (n.d.). Retrieved December 10, 2015, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbVKPhVCRFI

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing insights about your learning and the assignments in class. You have gained a solid foundation in both content knowledge and technology skills - ultimately, that is what will assist you in moving forward in pursuit of your teaching career. You have a special gift with your background in ASL and I hope you will be able to share that in your future classroom - either with a student in need and/or with hearing students to increase their understanding and empathy.

    ReplyDelete