Thursday, November 5, 2015

Chapter 11

Teaching Practices: In this section I learned about the different ways teachers can allow students to choose their own themes and goals. I didn’t realize there was a teaching practice that was so student oriented and allowed students to take so much responsibility for classroom rules and regulations. I was unaware of this before reading this chapter. Advantages and Disadvantages of Digital Portfolios: Digital portfolios are similar to blogs. I think that they are great for many reasons and a classroom tool that should be used more often. However before reading this chapter I didn’t think of the disadvantages of digital portfolios. They can take away from the academic learning students need because they take lots of time and skills and usually don’t receive the audience they hope for. Elements of Teacher Portfolios: I think teacher portfolios are a good idea however I don’t think that they are used and viewed as often as they would like. Many teachers from my previous years of school have has portfolios but they were also very bad about updates. Also many students didn’t care to view the site and didn’t use it as a reference.
Resources: Maloy, R. (2011). Transforming learning with new technologies. Boston: Pearson/Allyn and Bacon
lino by Taylor Hardel

1 comment:

  1. You are right that it is difficult to keep up with digital content that you create and need to update, but it is easier if there's a reason for it. Creating a teacher portfolio to demonstrate accomplishments for a job interview can be very impressive to a potential administrator...especially when you are brand new to the career field and don't have much experience. :) I could not access your Linoit board :(

    ReplyDelete